Fortunately, the GPO outsources almost all of the federal government's printing, so we shouldn't have to fire any government employees. Besides, hard copies of the journals and publications we print in-house haven't been needed for over 10 years. Here's why:
- Nobody actually follows the Code of Federal Regulations until an audit or internal investigation.
- Public & Private laws change all the time and nobody reads all of them.
- CSPAN already has a video recording of the Congressional Record and the NSA has recordings of phone calls and private conversations as well.
- We feel that bulk emailing the Federal Register will increase readership and compliance.
- Everyone will forget about the United States Code in less than 6 years. Plus, anyone can find it by typing "the code", USC in Google.
- Why print the United States Statutes at Large when there is a good chance that Congress didn't even read them.
- The House & Senate Journals are often available online a week before the proceedings actually occur.
- Passports and Trusted Traveler Cards will be outsourced to a domestic subsidiary of Alaaraji printing.
- "Squeeks Discovers Type" will be be replaced with our interactive comic book, "Wiki's Web" to help elementary school students expand their knowledge of cyberspace.